Open Water Swim Clinic
2017 Summer Series at Lake Terramuggus
Are you nervous about swimming in the open water?
Does the crowded start of a triathlon freak you out?
Do you want to improve your overall swim time and endurance in triathlons?
Learn the simple yet powerful body mechanics of efficient swimming
We guarantee that you will gain confidence in open water.
We’ll help you reduce anxiety, enhance your efficiency and ultimately improve your swimming performance.
Who – Novice to Expert/Elite swimmers. Everyone benefits from this tactical series. Beginners should first contact Coach Jeff Stuart for a preliminary briefing and assessment.
What – Open Water Training and Skills for Swimmers & Triathletes of ALL levels
Where – Blish Memorial Park, Lake Terramuggus in Marlborough, CT. (Meet at the 3rd bench from the beach)
When – Wednesday Evenings, 6:30 – 7:30 May 31st through mid-September
Cost – $20 per session – discounts for HEAT members – purchase discount card online in the HEAT store
Parking & Directions – Parking passes are mandatory at Blish Park. Contact Jeff or HEAT for more information
Route 2 –> North Main Street –> Park Road
• Has over 25 years of experience coaching triathletes at all levels.
• Over 30 years of experience coaching age group and elite USS swimmers.
Open Water Experience
• 1996 world champion 5k – Sheffield, England
• 2011 national champion in 5k and 2-mile cable swim
• 3rd overall 2012 Kingdom Swim (10 miles) – Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
• 3rd overall 2012 Hudson River upstream (5.85 miles) – Little Red Lighthouse
• 2013 Overall Champion, Middle Atlantic Swim Festival, Lake Hopatcong, NJ
• 2014 OVERALL WORLD CHAMPION, 10 Mile Kingdom Swim, Vermont
• Qualified for the 1980 U.S. Olympic Team (boycott year) in the men’s 100m butterfly
• 1996 World Masters Games, World Record Holder, 100, 200 Meter Butterfly
• 1997 national record holder: USMS 1-hour Postal Swim
• 2012 USMS 1-hour Postal Swim – top 5
• 2013 USMS 1-hour Postal Swim – National Champion 50-54 age group
• 2013 USMS All-American Masters Swimmer – Long Distance National Championships
• Former WORLD RECORD HOLDER, World Masters Swimming, 200 M. Butterfly, men 35-39, 19 years running